Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Barr Trail 2/27/2012

Jack Quinns 20,000 runner
   Tues have become my intermediate runs since the Incline Club started.  I woke up today wondering where I could run.....but I always seem to end up in Manitou.  I really should start doing some more flatter faster stuff.  I chose to do a nice easy run up Barr from Memorial Park, and was thinking No Name Creek would be a good turnaround.  I started running and felt very tight, my left achilles tendon was hurting more than before.  So I really forced myself to run slow down Manitou,  I saw Matt Carpenter serving up ice cream in his little hat.  I started to wonder if maybe he is too busy to run as much as he did in the past due to the new business and being a councilman.  I knew the Incline vote was tonight so I am sure he would be leaving soon for that.  Anyway it was just a nice slow run up the trail to No Name.  Sun was setting behind the mountain so it was getting cold.  Ran the whole trail but just not very fast, not many people up on trail today.  When I got to No Name Creek I took a picture of the ice that is running down the hill.  On way down I went at a moderate pace and when I got back down to Memorial Park I got in car and headed to Jack Quinns for some hydration.  Met up with everyone and had a few......good  time.  Got in a picture with the 20,000 Jack Quinns runner, by Tim Bergsten.  Went home so I could go to bed for work in am.

Nike screw shoes
Looks like a river



8 Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment