Friday, February 24, 2012

Barr Trail Intervals and hill repeats 2/24/2012

   Today I wanted to do some intervals and work on some speed.  I started down at Memorial Park and ran up to Ruxton and Hydro.  I try to mirror the Incline Club workout, I start at Hydro and run for 1 minute hard and stop for 1 minute and repeat for 30 minutes.  This is the 3rd interval run this year, we usually guage run on how far you get up trail after 30 minutes.  Each workout I have improved including this week but I still am behind from last year about 1min.  I know when I run with the club I am pushed more when you have other runners with you.  Today I went about 30-40 ft farther than last workout and felt pretty good.  The trail had a light snow cover from recent snow but was in good condition.  I wore my Inov8's so I could knock of some Texas mud.  I ran back down to PI trail and did 4 hill repeats.  30 second all out and walk back down.  Came within a few feet each time with best effort on last run.  Then ran back down to Memorial.  I have noticed since even before Cross Timbers that I have had a dull ache in my left achilles.  Sucks getting old, I would like to have this season be injury free. 

Inov8's Roclite
5.5 Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment