Sunday, February 26, 2012

Incline Club Long Run

Today's run was up Ruxton to the Ute Pass Trail, Long's Ranch Road and down Barr Trail.  I wanted to add some mileage, so my plan was to take Bob's road to Barr Trail and go up to Lightning Point and back down.  It was cold but sunny at the start, I went out easy cuz legs were a little stiff.   Ute Pass Trail just went steady but I ran all of trail, continued up  Longs and felt pretty good but I wasn't gonna push it too hard just coming off Cross Timbers.  Still walked a couple of hills but was able to run most of the steap ones.  At the top of Longs I took a gel and salt cap and continued to Bob's Road.  Bob's  still had deep snow due to coverage of tree's, had to posthole the top quarter mile.  When I got to Barr legs were a little bit tired but I had a steady run up to Lightning Point.  I sat down and took a few pics and had another gel and salt cap.  Nothing much on way down, I kept a pretty steady pace,  I want to work on downhill speed while fatigued.  I have been doing some Fartlek type runs on way down, trying to push hard on long straight aways.  A large boulder fell in the trail about a 1/4 mile past the Incline short cut.  I was gonna stop for a pic but figured I would waste time so just continued.  Finished up back at Memorial Park, talked to a couple of people and went home.  Good Steady Run today.

Nike screw shoes
Approx. 15.5 miles
Longs Ranch Road






Top of Bob's....Pikes Peak

Lightning Point

Trail up from Lightning Point
Weather was mid 30's and sunny

No comments:

Post a Comment